Sunday, July 4, 2010

Market

In the words of Chris over at Photography139 (be sure to check out this week's Random Photo Challenge submissions), I totally phoned this one in this week.



I spent a lot of time at the pool during the last week concentrating on strengthening my stroke for the upcoming team triathlon. I already had the inspiration for this week's challenge poem at Impassioned Versifier, so I didn't put a whole lot of thought into the required photo.

When I learned the subject of last week's theme the first thought that came to my head was fruit for some reason. I guess I associate markets with fruit, inspiration from the farmer's market perhaps? I considered taking a photo of the sweet corn & cantaloupe loaded into the back of a local farmer's truck. Alas, he had sold all his produce before I got off work everyday throughout the week.

Since I was refused that opportunity my next option was to click a shot at the local supermarket. Having grown up with my father managing a convenience store I knew the rules on photography in a retail business, so toting my camera around wasn't an option. Luckily the camera on my phone decided to be agreeable for once, allowing me to finally get the photo of fruit at the market as I imagined it.

No comments:

Post a Comment