Thursday, August 16, 2012

Senioritis

So I think it's about time for me to get back into blogging and writing.  What do you all think?

Back in March I finally bought something for myself... a brand new DSLR camera (a Canon Rebel T2i for those interested in the details).  I had only had my camera a few days when Sis asked to be my guinea pig as I tried my hand at shooting her Senior pictures. 

I finally agreed (relented?) and we decided on an evening to head out to a local park.  The photos below are a few of my favorites.  Eighty-one out of the four hundred photos I shot came out decent.  I don't think that's too bad of a ratio for a beginner that had to keep referring to the manual!








I did turn down a "job offer" the following week from a softball coach I know to photograph his players.  Perhaps when I am a little more comfortable and familiar with myself and the camera.  In the meantime I have been reading a few photography books and have now started on the assignments in said books.

Can you believe that my little baby girl is all grown and graduated now?  Where have the last eighteen years gone so fast?

2 comments:

  1. Speaking of senior pictures.. I think it's time for another photo shoot before winter while its still warm? some with Kayelee and I scott and i scott kayelee and I you and I, scott kayelee you and i, oh and a few of just me I got some ideas,,

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that is a grand idea. We can talk about setting something up the next time you are over!

    ReplyDelete