Monday, May 4, 2009

Life's little joys


These last two weeks have been entirely too rough on me. I started this blog to celebrate my joys in being a mostly happy and quite random person. It would be too easy to let myself slip into a depression due to circumstance and insecurity.

Instead, being normal me, I chose to look for small joys to make myself happy.

Such as...

A lovely afternoon spent traipsing through the woods in hunt of early morel mushrooms. The kids and I didn't have much luck. The baby you see poking out of the moss above, was in fact, the only mushroom we saw in four hours and two locations. We left him to grown a little bigger for the next hunters that follow our path.

It doesn't mater though. I enjoyed spending four uninterrupted hours with my children, enjoying the silence of the woods.

Those are the moments I love the most. The moments that God gives me in between all our daily struggles and heartaches, to enjoy a moment of peace with the ones I love in the settings I love.

No comments:

Post a Comment