Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Tis the Season

I just realized that it has been almost a month since I've blogged. I wish I could say that's because it was a quiet month without a lot going on, but instead it has been fraught with drama. All this intrusion on my nerves has served some purpose though, it has forced me to start thinking about my future and what I want out of it.


I haven't come to any solid conclusions yet, but I have enjoyed entertaining the thoughts of moving, going back to school, and writing a book.

Funny that I wrote about keeping one's perspective just a month ago.

This past weekend I needed a change of perspective. I was tired of being strong. I was tired of trying to shield my children from events I had no control over. I was sulking about how I had not done as much with my life as I had planned by this point. I was just plain worn out.

Which of course meant that it was time to do something to change my perspective.

What better than spending the entire weekend baking with my little Buggaboo?

Raisin Puffs just like my mom used to make every Christmas.

Bug's favorite job was to make the Almond Bark Pretzels.

Excellent decorating Bug!



We made a lot more than this. We also made 6 dozen Lemon Cookies, 4 dozen sugar cookies, and 2 pans of Scotcharoos.

All that baking has made me feel a lot better and changed my perspective back to what's most important of all... spending quality time with my loved ones.

Now if I could only find the time to deliver all the cookie trays we made!



4 comments:

  1. I'm sorry that you're going through a rough time. That's always more difficult at this time of year. Oh but your baking looks scrumptious! And that bug.. surely is as cute as one. Hope you have a Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am home most evenings for delivery of anything that is dessert based.

    Okay that isn't really true, but I can make myself be at home.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A big thanks on both counts Hilary! I wish you a Merry Christmas too :)

    I hope you shall make yourself be at home this evening then Chris! You may just end up with the Salmon's share too since he decided to abandon us for warmer climates!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I actually will be home tonight. After 7:30. Yeah, that Salmon is a jerk.

    ReplyDelete