Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Disarray

Most days if you ask me how being a single mom is going I'll tell you it's great. Very, very great!

I love the fact that I now have the freedom to decide what gets cleaned when, to budget so that the kids and I can enjoy the activities that we want to do, and to enjoy a routine that actually works for our family. I love the fact that Ex and I can get along for the good of the kids now. I also love the fact that I have freedom now to spend time with my friends.

I always try to look at the bright side of being a single parent family.

But every once in awhile....

4 loads of laundry hiding my beautiful Buffet that has been passed down 3 generations so far.

Sometimes it does fall apart. I came home tonight feeling a little overwhelmed. There were two loads of dishes scattered throughout the house. Four loads of laundry needed folding. I need to dust and vacuum and I should probably change the litter box and maybe clean the windows before I put plastic up. Oh, and the kitchen is driving me nuts, I really need to reorganize the cupboards.

My house didn't seem so unorganized last night. I suppose a lot of it is just my mood.

Usually I can count on Sis and Bug to help keep things flowing. I'm too tired to unload the dishwasher tonight? That's OK, the kids can do it after school tomorrow.

Only Sis has been sick on and off for 6 weeks now. She has missed 9 days of school so far.

I want her to rest and stay caught up on homework, so I haven't been pushing on chores.
Yesterday I took her to the Doctor. I sort of figured it would be something simple, like undiagnosed allergies. She of course was fine while we were there, bubbly and full of energy. We tossed around the idea of slight sinus infections or an allergy to dust. The Doctor wasn't quite satisfied though, so he ordered a few blood tests.

We are patiently waiting for two weeks to find out if she has some sort of immune deficiency. I of course spent some time looking up immune disease on the Internet last night. Scary Stuff.


This morning she woke up complaining of a sore throat. By 11:30 the school had called for me to pick her up. She was running a low grade fever by then & complaining of dizziness.

I brought her home and gave her an allergy pill. I documented her symptoms for the Doctor and went back to work.

The allergy pill didn't help and she excused herself to bed early tonight. Poor Sis.

This weekend I have few commitments, so I will be cleaning house top to bottom just in case there is some mysterious trigger here. Until then the dishes are done and the laundry can wait.

I am officially off duty for the night.

3 comments:

  1. I know that feeling....all too well!
    Overwhelm is what I call it. When everything is just a little...too much.
    In MY house, add a couple of big dogs and well, it's just pretty hard to keep everything the way I left it.
    :-)

    Hope the chores go fast and well!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You remind me of the mess that awaits me downstairs.. and here I am reading blogs!

    I hope your daughter feels much better soon.. and that the doctor discovers the heart of the problem. Sounds like she has a flu with those symptoms.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Ladies! I feel I made a small dent in it over the weekend. Everything has been been bleached & Lysoled now... and Sis has had a good last few days. Here's hoping I irradicated the mysterious cause!

    ReplyDelete