Friday, January 15, 2010

Hakuna Matata


2010 has not started out the greatest for us. Bug & Sis are emotionally drained from recent events involving Ex. It's been very hard for me to provide big enough distractions to outweigh the abandonment issues they are experiencing. I had a great opportunity last weekend though. I had given the kids each a ticket to the Broadway production of Lion King that was coming to Des Moines for Christmas. Saturday evening we dressed up and headed for the city.

It was a good thing we left early as we got all the way to Granger before I realized that we didn't have the tickets. We had to turn back and retrieve them. On the way back I called down to the restaurant we had planned to eat dinner at to see if they took reservations. Good thing I called, they no longer had food service. We found a great waiter at Legend's that had us in at 6:35 and out by 7:15 (he got a great tip from me).

This was Bug's first trip to the theatre. He was extremely impressed. As were Sis and I, even though we had been to multiple theatre performances.

These are the amazing costumes worn by Scar and Mufasa (click on picture for source). This was by far the best theatre performance I've ever attended. The costume artists and choreographers deserve big accolades. The actors had dead on performances. The lighting and music were both perfect.

Of you have young children that you want to introduce to the performing arts this would definitely be the show to take them too. If you haven't seen Lion King yet, I would highly recommend the experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment