Friday, January 29, 2010

A thought on this week




(click photo for source)



“I consider it a mark of great prudence in a man to abstain from threats or any contemptuous expressions, for neither of these weaken the enemy, but threats make him more cautious, and the other excites his hatred, and a desire to revenge himself”
Niccolo Machiavelli


“Those that are the loudest in their threats are the weakest in their actions.”
Charles Caleb Colton


“There is no terror, Cassius, in your threats; For I am armed so strong in honesty That they pass by me as the idle wind”
William Shakespeare



Life can be a little scary sometimes but I have confidence that God will see us through.



2 comments:

  1. I like these quotes. The colton quote is not one that I have ever heard before.

    Thanks for sharing.

    Tom

    ReplyDelete
  2. It took me a little while to find that one Tom! I remembered my Mom quoting that or something similar when I was a teenager, but I wasn't sure who said it originally. I think that is one of my favorites and a great thought to keep in mind!

    ReplyDelete