Monday, January 18, 2010

Soothing

So, my friend Chris over at Photography139 and a friend of his came up with a fun idea and I am going to take part as time allows. Every week they post a new photo assignment. You can read about how to take part here.

This week's subject was "Soothing". I will admit that it took me a little while to figure out how to photograph something that I find soothing. I find that summertime is a lot more soothing to me than winter is. I really miss thunderstorms, warm gentle winds, sitting by the lake, and walks through nature. Those are the things that speak soothing to me. I was able to come up with a decent representation of what is soothing to me in the winter though.


My "Soothing" submission

Next week's subject is "People". That should be fairly easy for me since I'm always photographing the kids. Hopefully I will find time to produce something a little more artistic than usual! You can see the rest of today's submissions over at Chris's blog.

I am thinking that this might be a great project to try from a poetic standpoint. Maybe if I ever find the time to write regularly again, I'll give it a try!

4 comments:

  1. That's a lovely photo.. and truly soothing. Good books and music. Looking forward to seeing more of these representations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Hilary! I am enjoying your color schemes as well! I'm sorry that I haven't had much time for commenting on them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dawn- This is a great photo! I actually pirated it to save for future reference. I shot a couple as well but didn't have time to think through what I would want to submit. I am glad that someone else is doing this too! A truly great photo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Becky! I'm glad you enjoyed it! I am hoping that I will be able to take part in the next one, but it's not looking like time is going to allow that very easily. I hope to see your entry on there next week! By the way, I am having trouble getting your blog to show up in my dashboard, do you have email subscriptions?

    ReplyDelete