Friday, January 22, 2010

Personal Challenge

Remember the photography challenge that I blogged about the other day? You may recall that at the end of that post I alluded to maybe adapting that challenge to my poetry.

In my down-time today I've been thinking about the specifics of that challenge. We all know that often life gets in the way of my writing ambitions. I can't guarantee that I will be up for the challenge every single week. Instead of issuing a challenge to all my poetically creative bloggy friends out there, I think I'm going to keep this one personal. However, if you feel the inclination or inspiration then please play along.

Every week Photography139 issues a random subject to be photographed during that week. The submissions are to be sent to him by noon on Monday. I will be (and have been) taking part in that challenge as time allows. My plan is to use those randomly generated subjects as inspiration for a short poem that I will post over at Impassioned Versifier. I will not hold myself to a strict schedule on this, though, as I remain quite busy throughout the week and may not always have the time to allow creativity. I know, I'm being rather lenient on myself here, but I strongly feel that creativity should come naturally and be inspired, not pushed.

If you want to take part please check Photography139's blog for the weekly word, then when you have posted your poem leave a comment on either of my blogs so we can see who's playing along. Most of all, have fun and enjoy the creative process!

I have already posted a poem for last week's word Soothing. My submission for this week, People, should be up shortly.

No comments:

Post a Comment