Monday, October 18, 2010

Dry

Is it really Monday again? I suppose it is. Although barely at this point!

This week's Random Photo Challenge theme was Dry. There are definitely not any dry spells in my busy schedule as of late!

This post is a little later than I planned since I had a busy evening watching Bug's last soccer game of the season with Grandma & Sis, visiting Bug's open house at school, and then dining out for supper with Grandma & Bug.

I am still plugging away at fixing up the house. Hopefully some big improvements will be made this week now that Bug is done with soccer until the Spring. Somehow I managed to fire off another photo in line with the theme and come up with a few lines of verse as well.



These beautiful golden stalks were part of a dried fall flower arrangement that once occupied a crock in my newly remodeled guest bath. Belzerz decided the flowers need a slight bit more arranging and took the task of doing so upon himself. By the time he was done I only had a few stalks of dried wheat and grass left. These were slated for the garbage, but luckily hadn't made it so far when the theme for the week was announced.

Following the nature and garden idea, I squeezed out a couple of verses relating to Dry and have published the resulting poem over at Impassioned Versifier.


The submissions over at Photography139 were rather sparse this week but very well done. Be sure to check them out! Next week's theme is an exciting one, but you will have to read his post to figure out what it is.




No comments:

Post a Comment