Monday, October 25, 2010

Shadows

This week's Random Photo Challenge theme did not fit so easily into my daily life as it should have. It was a mostly bright sunshiny week that should have afforded many opportunities to shoot a shadow. I had a lot going on as usual though, and the vast majority of it was indoors. By the time I sat down to devote a little free time to my creative projects each night, it was too dark to make any use of the shadows that were lurking.

I was really hoping that Sunday would be the day I could venture out of doors to enjoy the lovely weather and feel inspired. That wasn't in the cards as Bug had an accident with his scooter and I spent the afternoon tending to him with his bruised leg and skinned elbow. He is fine now after a lot of ice and rest. I put myself to work baking his favorite snicker doodle cookies and Sis a chocolate Oreo cheesecake that she had been craving. I feel quite a bit more relaxed after an afternoon of baking, so maybe there were some perks to being stuck in the house.




Towards evening I realized that I still hadn't found my shadow shot for the week. Bug instantly perked up and began making shadow puppets on the wall. Great idea Bug!


I did work on my poem at the beginning of the week. You can find it over at Impassioned Versifier as usual.

I was very glad to see several fantastic outdoor shadows posted over at Photography139.


No comments:

Post a Comment