Monday, March 30, 2009

Why nothing gets accomplished


The picture above is a prime example of why I don't always get things done as planned around here. I had a lovely three day weekend planned for myself. The kids were gone from Friday night to Sunday morning. Sis was at our church's youth group retreat and Bug was at his Dad's for the weekend. I spent Friday morning cleaning the house so that I would have plenty of time to work on the two-year quilt.

Things happen, plans change. I did get quite a bit accomplished on the quilt. In fact, I have the decorative diamond stitching that holds it together done. Just not as much as I had planned. With no children in the house there shouldn't have been many interruptions, but it seemed there were more than ever. The cat that insisted on being in the middle of my mission, stopping to watch my basketball bracket get blown to smithereens, phone calls that I should have ignored, the occasional bite to eat or restroom break, and a need to get a few hours of sleep, all had a part in sabotaging my overly ambitious goal.

I am happy that the stitching is done though and have to admit that I did learn a lot in the process. In the future, if I have a project pinned together for two years before stitching, it would probably be wise to re-pin it. I also learned that it is not a wise idea to use masking tape to mark a pattern on fabric and leave the tape on for two years. I will be peeling tape for the next week! Oh well, another excuse for a manicure!

No comments:

Post a Comment