Saturday, August 8, 2009

Life




IF all the skies were sunshine,
Our faces would be fain
To feel once more upon them
The cooling plash of rain.

If all the world were music,
Our hearts would often long
For one sweet strain of silence,
To break the endless song.

If life were always merry,
Our souls would seek relief,
And rest from weary laughter
In the quiet arms of grief.

- Henry Van Dyke (1852-1933)


Tonight I had planned on continuing the Dream Adventure blogs that I had started before vacation. Instead, I sit here and think about a very special and important individual in my daughter's life that just found out some devastating news. Sis is not aware of this hardship as of right now. Ex and I don't plan to tell her until later in the week when we have more (hopefully positive) news on the situation. She is going to take this hard no matter what.

Please keep our family, especially Sis, in your prayers.

I will try to get back to the fun blogs later this week as a distraction. Look for more poetry on my other blog soon as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment