Saturday, August 1, 2009

Surf's Up! Day 8

Once again, these events occurred last Saturday.

We woke up this morning and realized it would be a beautiful day to hit the beach. We loaded up the cooler and made a quick stop at Target for a new swimsuit for Ashley. Excited, we loaded up the van and headed out for Virginia Beach. In a short 40 minutes I would be playing in the ocean!

Scratch that. It took us a little over two hours to get there. It seems that someone had a little trouble reading and understanding the posted signs that yelled NO LANE CHANGES IN THE TUNNEL! Traffic was backed up for 8 1/2 miles.

I amused my self by playing I spy with the kids and laughing at all the drivers that would get out and walk around their vehicles to stretch.

Sis amused herself by playing with the camera.


These are two carrier ships we saw docked just before we finally made it to the tunnel.


After just over 2 hours and two bottles of water, I needed to use a restroom so bad that I almost uttered a very unlady like word. This sign made me think twice about it. I really wanted this sign and a hurricane evacuation sign as souvenirs.


When we first arrived the waves were cresting at about two feet.



At some point it was decided that Ashley should be buried.




The view from my towel.



At another point Sis decided that Ashley should be a mermaid. Possible future in sand sculpting?



Later in the day the waves started cresting at about 4 feet.

We were at the beach for about two hours. Even after applying a liberal amount of sunblock, I received a slight sunburn on my stomach.

Bug and Sis both got in trouble with me for playing with a jellyfish today. They are both very lucky they didn't get stung, especially Bug who was holding it.

My camera has continued to act up. As I write this it is laying on the work bench in the garage. Patiently waiting for me to take a hammer to it. I have a pretty good feeling it will go back to Walmart tomorrow.









No comments:

Post a Comment