Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Spamtastic Sunday


On Sunday the kids and I met Auntie, Uncle C, Cousin Mathew & Lon in Minnesota for a visit to the famed SPAM museum. I need to be honest, I thought my normally fun & quirky family had lost it at first. I really wasn't expecting to enjoy the sights, but was very excited to see Mathew (it had been a couple years already) and to meet Lon.

I will admit, I was wrong. The museum is much more than a couple cans of SPAM and a newspaper article. I thoroughly enjoyed not just my wonderful company but the interesting, interactive exhibits as well.


When we pulled in we noticed that all of the parking spots for the museum were labeled.


Family photo op. I still think Auntie was talking to the statue.



gratuitous pose with the huge can of SPAM




The movie was actually pretty good. If they would show those commercials on tv I think public opinion would be slightly better.


Sis & Bug listening to the informative switch board. Apparently the sound was turned up pretty high.


It took teamwork to lift that 50 lb crate



I told Lon to let go when they had it pulled all the way to the top, but Bug said he didn't want to try flying today.


Yeah, that's me being goofy in the radio booth.




Bug & Sis taking their turn



The first smell of SPAM



The first taste



The reaction. I don't think she's a fan.



Bug's first taste


He enjoyed it



I didn't realize Sis knew the words to Thriller, but she put on a show for us with the safety glove.



Ready to enter the work zone

The competition to assemble a can of SPAM begins



Even with their assembly line the kids couldn't beat Lon.



The cool conveyor belt that followed us through the museum.

Mathew & Lon kicked some serious butt at the Spam Exam game show. 10 for 10. Way to go!!



Sis wasn't real thrilled about us taking pictures of her in the gift shop. No, she didn't get to bring a hat home.


I was very glad that Lon is vegetarian, so we found a very nice Chinese restaurant for lunch instead.



No comments:

Post a Comment