Thursday, February 4, 2010

Intuition


Click Photo for Source



"Let your internal voice accompany and lead you"


It's funny how a subject can follow you from conversation to conversation. Lately the word intuition has been popping up all over the place for me. A mother's intuition, a single woman's intuition, intuition as an act of self-preservation, intuition towards positive things as well. The older I get, the more I realize that my intuition is usually pretty well right on.

I'll admit, when I was a young woman I rarely listened to my intuition at all. I remember my dear sweet mother once telling me that little nagging voice I heard was God speaking to me through my heart and I had better listen. Hindsight is 20/20 of course. Had I listened to her and that soft spoken internal voice, I probably would have saved myself a lot of heartache and trials through the years.

I think my biggest problem is that I have always trusted in the good in people before being wary of the bad. As we get older we start to lose our innocence and realize that not every person in our life is mindful of our feelings, wants, and needs. We start to pick up those little clues that something is amiss. Intuition (if we listen to it) can tell us that there is danger ahead; that someone is not to be trusted, that someone is playing games, that by following our current course we may be setting ourselves up for hurt, that there is some sort of looming danger ahead even if we don't know what it is.

Intuition can also let us know when something is a good opportunity for us, even if we don't fully know why. Intuition can motivate us because that nagging little voice is telling us it's time to get up and get moving.

My intuition has been trying to speak to me for several months now. Heck, it has probably been whispering for the last couple years. Now it's hammering at me. It's telling me to get up and get moving, that there's something better down the road.

It's been pretty easy for me to ignore it up until now. I have a good life right here, right now. I have two wonderful children, a house full of laughter and happiness, a roof over my head, food on the table, a fantastic group of co-workers, and fabulous friends just to mention a few of my blessings. That little voice keeps getting louder though, and it keeps telling me I need to make a big change in order to remain happy and blessed and to work towards whatever it is that I was set in this world to do or be part of.

My intuition rarely steers me wrong anymore. I listened to it over the summer when it told me that someone was attempting to take advantage of who I am as a person, it was right, that person did not have my interest in mind at all. I listened to it when I quietly prepared myself to be a solid rock for my children in the late fall. I realized it was right again as I cuddled and comforted my babies. My intuition has even helped me realize when to be a friend and when not to, prompting me to call and check on one friend I haven't heard from in awhile and refusing to talk to another when that voice told me they weren't being truthful with someone that cares about them. In both cases my intuition was correct and I feel I made the right decisions.

So my intuition tells me to get moving, what does that mean? Quite honestly, I can't tell you exactly. I still don't know what the big life changing event is, but I feel very strongly that with all my small little projects I am working towards it. Maybe mysterious intuition is telling me nothing more than I need to keep working towards my goals and not let life get stagnant. Maybe it's telling me there is something down the road I need to work to avoid. Perhaps it's telling me that there is something big and great waiting for me if I just keep working towards it.

I get you intuition... you're loud and want me to pay attention, now please tell me specifics.

What do you think of intuition? And what does yours say to you?



“Intuition is a combination of historical (empirical) data, deep and heightened observation, and an ability to cut through the thickness of surface reality. Intuition is like a slow motion machine that captures data instantaneously and hits you like a ton of bricks. Intuition is a knowing, a sensing that is beyond the conscious understanding — a gut feeling. Intuition is not pseudo-science.”

Abella Arthur


“I feel there are two people inside me - me and my intuition. If I go against her, she'll screw me every time, and if I follow her, we get along quite nicely.”

Kim Basinger


“You must train your intuition - you must trust the small voice inside you which tells you exactly what to say, what to decide”

Ingrid Bergman


"Closing time, you don’t have to go home
But you can’t stay here"

Matchbox 20

No comments:

Post a Comment