Sunday, February 28, 2010

Self Portrait

I won't lie, this week's prompt was painful for me. It strikes me odd that I find a self portrait so painful. I am able to bare my soul to the world in my poetry, but I am unable to to peer into the depths of myself through a photograph. Isn't it strange that I can be so secure and confident in so many other areas of my life. Generally I am not ashamed of how I look, just in photographs. I won't tell you the features that I critic about myself. I will tell you that it took me almost 100 photos and 5 poses before I came up with something that I felt comfortable sharing.


The photo below is the artistic turn I took on the subject of Self Portrait. It goes hand in hand with my poem this week over at Impassioned Versifier.

I was honored to have the opportunity to share a great meal with Chris from Photography139 and several other old friends last Friday night. Be sure to scoot over there to check out the rest of this week's submissions, I am hoping he has a big turnout for this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment