Saturday, February 6, 2010

Building Beautiful Memories

Today was a very long but joyful day for me. Tonight was Sis's Winter Formal at school. As has become our tradition for this particular dance, I prepared a delicious meal and had all the parents over to take pictures before the kid's went off to dance the night away.

Sis is obviously growing up and took over a few of my "duties" this year. I didn't do her hair this time as she used the money she earns from babysitting to make a hair appointment. She made her wrist corsage, Ricky's boutonniere, and another friend's wrist corsage as well. this was a great time and money saver! She even helped with the housecleaning before everyone arrived today, freeing up my time to concentrate on cooking a warm filling meal for the whole group.

I actually had the meal prepared early this morning so that all I would have to do is warm it up when they were ready to eat. I made them a Cesar Salad, Tuscani, Bread sticks, and Brownie Cheesecake. I was lucky enough that they left me & Bug a small helping of each for dinner LOL.

Sis's corsage. I'm so proud of her new-found creativity.

Sis made this one for her friend as well.
A full house of starving teenagers.

Oh how I wish this photo didn't turn out so blurry.

What a great looking group of kids!

Ready for a fun night of dancing.

Bug loved helping me with the dinner & dance preparations. I love how these guys include him & take him under their wing.

Getting tired of posing now. I think it is funny how they fake smile the same.

Finally able to relax after the photo shoot.

And of course, one of mom & Sis. I can't believe how grown up my little girl is.

2 comments:

  1. Your Post came through without a title. I would call it "Building Beautiful Memories!" How very nice. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, thank you Jay! I was getting a little worn out by the time I posted this LOL. I will use your suggestion, that's a perfect title!

    ReplyDelete