Friday, April 9, 2010

My Week on the Web

Most of my last couple weeks surfing the net have involved shopping for catcher's mitts (yep, softball season is here!) and watching how-to videos on DIY (I'm hoping to tackle my drywall project in the next couple weeks). I did find a few interesting tidbits along the way though:

Green Sex?
Ok, I have seriously been living alone way too long. It is an interesting concept though, sex to save the environment.

NASA on Mars This is going to really reveal my inner geek. I admit it, I'm a geek at heart. The first link explains the amazing technology that NASA has. Not only is it amazing, but a little scary in some regards too. This stuff is being put to use right now. Maybe I've watched too many sci-fi's but after reading that I suddenly had visions of a small little HAL running rampant on Mars. Anywho, I digress, the whole reason you need to read that article is so that you can understand this next article a little deeper. I'm sort of glad that our dear little Endeavor isn't gathering samples to bring back. While neat to look at I have visions of it turning us all into Ompah Lompah Blueberry Sandwiches

Keeping House This blog post sums my perception of housekeeping and the unreal expectations of myself and society on a working mom. My house has never been in a completely organized, immaculate, ready for company at all times state. I have kids, I hate housekeeping, and I enjoy doing the activities that fulfill me. I would rather spend my time enjoying time with my children as they grow up rather than chase them around with a dust pan. Of course, I also hate total chaos and disarray, so I begrudgingly do the chores anyway (just don't expect me to be in a good mood while I do... there are just so many other fantastic things to be doing!)

When I was younger I used to find garden Gnomes to be rather creepy. However, I think I would enjoy going to see this Gnome, especially since it's at one of my favorite reflecting spots, Reiman Gardens.

No comments:

Post a Comment