Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Easter at the Lake

What a lovely Easter weekend the kids and I had! We were very ready for a vacation, so we headed to my Auntie's house on the lake. We had a perfectly relaxing time just visiting, eating, and enjoying the company of loving family. We came back refreshed and motivated.

Enjoy some photos from our trip:


Sis trying out her new fishing pole. Later in the day she & Ricky wandered down to the grade to try their hand against the seasoned fishermen. They quickly found out that their lack of bites resulted from using minnows instead of mill worms. I didn't really feel like cleaning fish for the anyway. Better luck next time kids!

Saturday was cool and windy, but Sunday was warm & sunny. It didn't take Bug long to kick off his flip flops.


Bug enjoyed watching the waves roll in.


But he enjoyed climbing the rocks even more...

from one side of the property to the other.

After convincing him that he should really change into play clothes, he decided to break in his new pole.


Bug didn't get any bites on his Mister Twisters either, but he had a lot of fun practicing his casting.

I spent 2 hours out on the deck reading. I was so comfortable and relaxed that I didn't even realize until much later in the day that I had developed a slight sunburn.

On the way home we planned to stop at my cousin Jill's house but I knew we had a little time to kill before we were expected to be there. I decided to take the kids on an impromptu detour to the Grotto of the Redemption in West Bend. I hadn't been there since I was about Bug's age.



Easter was the perfect day to visit especially since we had missed church due to our mini-vacation.


On the way home Bug asked me if there were any other amazing places in the world that I can show him.


This is the display that moves me the most in the Grotto



Sis wondered how many people thought Dobberstein was insane rather than inspired when he first started his Grotto project. She was amazed by every little stone and needed constant reminding not to touch.


The Stations of the Cross glittered with all their colored mosaics in the setting sun, setting off another wave of awe.


2 comments:

  1. You should remind her that the distance between genius and insanity is measured by results! That is why Jay is insane and I'm a genius and Willy is somewhere in between.

    What other amazing places are you going to take them?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will be sure to point that out to her Chris. I can't see how she can argue with that logic, but I'm sure she'll come up with something ;) The teenager is sadly misled in thinking that her mom & all my friends are slightly crazy. Last week she declared herself the only "normal" person in this household. I haven't quite figured out to what standard she holds normal yet.

    I am currently playing with my budget with hopes of taking the kids to Yellowstone this summer. The plan is to rent a cabin for the week and take in the natural splendor :) As far as anything with in road trip distance I haven't a clue yet, but I'm sure something will cross my path as it always does. If you have any suggestions I would be happy to hear them!

    ReplyDelete