Thursday, April 22, 2010

Greens & Grays

They tell me it's Earth Day. I have to work late tonight so I won't get the chance to go out and enjoy this beautiful weather and all Mother Earth has to offer.

Instead, I thought I would share a few more snapshots from our latest hike.


"How strange that Nature does not knock, and yet does not intrude!" ~Emily Dickinson, letter to Mrs. J.S. Cooper, 1880


"I can enjoy society in a room; but out of doors, nature is company enough for me." ~William Hazlitt


"Those who dwell among the beauties and mysteries of the earth are never alone or weary of life." ~Rachel Carson


"I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order." ~John Burroughs



"Nature will bear the closest inspection. She invites us to lay our eye level with her smallest leaf, and take an insect view of its plain." ~Henry David Thoreau


"I think it pisses God off if you walk by the color purple in a field somewhere and don't notice it.... People think pleasing God is all God care about. But any fool living in the world can see it always trying to please us back." ~Alice Walker, The Color Purple, 1982




"If the sight of the blue skies fills you with joy, if a blade of grass springing up in the fields has power to move you, if the simple things of nature have a message that you understand, rejoice, for your soul is alive." ~Eleonora Duse



"The world is mud-luscious and puddle-wonderful." ~e.e. cummings



"I walked barefoot - the only way to walk on a muddy road." ~Laurie Gough, "Light on a Moonless Night"

No comments:

Post a Comment