Monday, April 5, 2010

Macro

This week's challenge was actually a bit of a challenge for me, both in photography and poetry. The subject was Macro, which in simple terms is to photograph something small so that it fills the whole frame.

The photography part of the challenge showed me just how cheap my "cheap" ($150) camera really is. It takes great photos at the ball park and when out and about with the kids. Apparently it wasn't made to do anything fancy though. I have now declared that my camera must be far-sighted as it takes great close ups from a distance but not a good close-up from close up.

Still, I had fun experimenting with different techniques and came up with interesting shots.


Macro, not to be confused with Micro


This is the lovely display at my Aunt's house that inspired the close-up

Blow are a few of the shots that came close to decent while I was experimenting with my camera:


A screw hanging out way up on Auntie's garage


A nail in the wood pile


Oriental blossoms residing in a vase


Chocolate Easter eggs


Mudding anyone?

The poem proved to be a challenge too. Not only did I not have time to concentrate on it with getting ready for Easter at the lake, how in the heck does one go about incorporating the idea of Macro into a poem? I came up with a very short 4 line piece that seems to apply how Macro fits into our lives. I may sit down and tinker with it some more though when I actually have time for editing and revisions. You can read my interpretation of Macro here. And be sure to check out Photography139 for the rest of this week's photo submissions.

No comments:

Post a Comment