Wednesday, July 8, 2009

For the monsters under my bed - Adventure #1



"Do it for the living and do it for the dead, do it for the monsters under your bed"

That line is from Loose Lips, one of my favorite songs from Kimya Dawson. For some reason whenever I think about this particular adventure on my dream list this line pops into my head.

Heights are the monster under my bed. Which is probably why so many of you are going to find my first listed adventure unbelievable. I do want to try it though!

Just once.

With a guide.

And those security cables.

And maybe a parachute just in case.

And maybe one of my left over Xanax for good measure.

Yes, I want to try rock climbing. I want to confront that monster under my bed and I want the feeling of accomplishment. I want to push my limits. This is will probably be the most personally challenging adventure on my list.


I've been sitting here trying to imagine how I would feel clinging to a wall of rock searching for my next purchase. Trying hard to look only up, not down. Knowing that one false move will leave me dangling in the air by a (hopefully) secured cable.

I'm going to be terrified. I will probably have tears streaming down my face. That isn't going to stop me though. Someday I will have the opportunity and I will take/face it.

No comments:

Post a Comment