Monday, July 6, 2009

Relaxation

(The geese that Uncle has been feeding)

I meant to start on my Adventure blogs over the holiday weekend. I had everything (or so I thought)packed up in my truck for a weekend get-a-way to Auntie's. Darn, if I didn't leave my laptop and phone charger laying on my bed when I left.

I drove for three hours up to the lake before I remembered them.

Oh well.

Sometimes we just need to unwind, unplug, and relax a little.

(Auntie's from scratch margaritas... wow!)

I survived the weekend without. I sat back, read a book, and enjoyed great company. I took the opportunity to relax and look at some issues that had been weighing on my mind from a distance.

My own little Independence, if you will.

I enjoyed margaritas on the deck, Auntie's homemade quacomole dip, watching Uncle feed the geese, and the neighbor's fireworks display off the docks.

I think everyone needs their own little private refuge just like Auntie's house is for me.

I hope everyone had a wonderful and safe weekend. I promise to blog about the dream adventures or my current home improvement projects soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment