Thursday, May 20, 2010

101 Things

As if I don't have enough on my plate already, I have decided to take on a new project. I am hoping this one will actually help me along with all my other projects though.

Some of you may have heard of the Day Zero Project. The website describes it as "a unique challenge that inspires you to set and achieve your personal goals in life".

The Challenge:
Complete 101 preset tasks in a period of 1001 days.

The Criteria:
Tasks must be specific (ie. no ambiguity in the wording) with a result that is either measurable or clearly defined. Tasks must also be realistic and stretching (ie. represent some amount of work on your part).

Why 1001 Days?
Many people have created lists in the past - frequently simple challenges such as New Year's resolutions or a 'Bucket List'. The key to beating procrastination is to set a deadline that is realistic. 1001 Days (about 2.75 years) is a better period of time than a year, because it allows you several seasons to complete the tasks, which is better for organizing and timing some tasks such as overseas trips, study semesters, or outdoor activities

I currently have 63 tasks on my list due to be completed by February 14, 2013. That seems like such a long time away, doesn't it? I started with my short term goals and added a few I hope to accomplish by then. I also put in a few things that I should do a little more often. Some of those even include pampering myself just as a reminder that sometimes I need to remember to do that.

Now I feel like I am at a wall, I can't think of anymore tasks to finish off my list. Even though I am sure I have more goals that I'm just not remembering at the moment. So if you can think of anything I should add leave me a comment below.

You can help me cross one task off by starting your own list. Just leave me a comment so I know that I've inspired you!

I created a new page (you can check out the link underneath my header) so you can keep track of my progress and cheer me on. I will strike through each item as I complete the task.

No comments:

Post a Comment