Saturday, May 1, 2010

My Week on the Web

I haven't been on the computer much the last couple of weeks due to the beautiful weather and a little bit of overtime. Here are the few sites that did peak my interest when I did have time to just "troll":

Two years ago I declared that I was done with the Bad Boys in my life. But where are all the fabled Nice Guys? I completely agree with this editorial, it seems that the bad boys are always willing to show their interest (on a consistent basis), so get over your butterflies Nice Guys and step it up!


Post like this really make my blood boil. I write my poetry for the joy of writing it and occasionally as an urgent release. I'm not sure who this contributing writer is, but her haughty attitude that there is no value in the part-time poet that wasn't privileged enough to attend an Ivy League school just brings me to tears. Granted I don't write with a political agenda (which according to her own words suggests I am not fulfilling any responsibilities as a poet), I write philosophically, hypothetically, theologically, and from the heart. Any small aspirations I may have ever had of being recognized by the poetic community have basically been crushed by this woman's editorial, but that's okay, I don't need recognition. I am happy enough when my friends tell me my writings have touched them in some small way and with just producing something creative in general :)


Sis posting a comment on Facebook referring to this video (the comment question of the day, in particular) got me into a little hot water (funny how the person that was irked by it was upset because he had to admit that he was exactly where she said he would be). We seriously can't get enough of this guy though. Every single episode has us rolling! Especially the one where the guy gets owned by his shoes.


I have our lodging reserved for our trip to Yellowstone this summer! Bug is a little nervous about staying and hiking around on top of a collapsed volcano, but we have been reading an online magazine all about the neat things we can do while we are there, 99 things listed to be exact. It has been a big help with planning our itinerary and figuring out how much to budget.

No comments:

Post a Comment