Monday, May 24, 2010

Pan & Blur

This week's theme was Panning Camera Blur, the object of which was to follow the subject with the camera while keeping the subject in focus and allowing the background to blur. It seems it was an appropriate week for such a theme as the whole week and especially the weekend seemed to blur by for me.

I do have a lot that I could post about from the weekend and there are some photos to share, but that will have to be a post for another day. Today I only have time to share our submissions.


It took several attempts and adjustments before I was finally able to follow Bug's ball down the lane during our Cosmic (Laser) bowling trip. The bowling ball still isn't in crisp focus, but this was my most successful attempt.


Sis decided that she would try her hand at this week's challenge. One of my 101 goals is to become more comfortable in front of the camera, so she used me as her subject. She was sneaky enough to photograph me without my knowledge, thus in this one I am pretty comfortable, or at least concentrating on my task.

Make sure to check out Sis's first submission and all the other wonderful submissions over at Photography139. Sis has dug herself a slight hole by accusing Chris at Photography139 of cheating in this pretty much rule-less challenge, but he has come up with some very good reasoning for her silly banter.

I am glad that we are nearing the end of the technical themes for the challenge. It is fun to think outside of the box occasionally for my poetry challenge, but next week's poem is a welcome break from the brain-strain of trying to fit the subject with a poem. Be sure to check out Impassioned Versifier for this week's challenge poem

No comments:

Post a Comment