Saturday, May 15, 2010

Isn't It Ironic, Don't Ya' Think?

So my week started out like this:








And ended like this:







It seems that once again fate (or maybe a government conspiracy against me) is trying to have a cruel laugh at my expense.


You see, I finally found a man that I really like and that I'm actually interested in. Someone that I am completely comfortable and happy with and oh, boy attracted to.


I'll give you a minute to climb back up onto your chair and read that again....


Yes, picky little me (who I remind you, was once balked at by a friend for Twittering during a particularly terrible date last year) suddenly found my fear of commitment melt away and my heart open up.

And I've been sporting my Mona Lisa has a secret smile all week.


**

Ahh... a budding romance, a relationship that seems to provide the perfect companionship in so many ways. A man that seems so amazing in my eyes, funny, intelligent, responsible, sweet, passionate.

And now the government wants to take him away from me. Insert self-pity and tears here. Well, OK, it's not the government conspiring against us per se. It's his job.

You see, the place he works for has determined his services are needed several states away.

We are both heartbroken about it. In fact, I'm not even planning to show him this blog until after we know what will happen so not to add to his sadness and anger over the situation. He's doing what he can to protest the transfer. I can only hope that it works.

In the meantime, I will draw on that inner strength that we all know I possess (all too well) and wait.

My plan is to immerse myself once again into the house repairs and exercise (anyone interested in helping with drywall work?). I wouldn't be surprised if you see a new poem or two other than the regularly scheduled Personal Poem Challenges. Maybe I'll even start working on editing for my eventual poetry book. I also plan to get rid of all the riff-raff around here and proceed with the plan to sell the house.

We will cross each bridge as it comes but do have a loose plan in mind if the transfer is forced on him. Good thing we both like to travel.

Which means occasional babysitting jobs will be available.

I could start spouting off all the theories about how "absence makes the heart grow fonder" and all those quotes that would probably make me feel sad right now.

Instead I keep thinking about my favorite Martha Washington quote "I am still determined to be cheerful and happy, in whatever situation I may be; for I have also learned from experience that the greater part of our happiness or misery depends upon our dispositions, and not upon our circumstances"


No comments:

Post a Comment